Free Text to Speech

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The joys we overlook - innervoice@hindustantimes.com

WE PROGRESS IN EVERY SPHERE OF LIFE BUT FORGET THE MORE BEAUTIFUL AND FRUITFUL ASPECTS OF LIFE

Shuchtita Jain

The best thing about childhood is that you are never alone. You are surrounded by so many friends. I remember having too many friends to count when I was young. It never took me more than a few minutes to make friends when I was young but then as I was growing up, I grew apart from my friends. Initially, we all tried to keep contact with each other but eventually other priorities took over.

Recently, I missed the wedding of my best friend who used to always take care of me when we were in school. It pained me later on realising how much I had really "moved on." We progressed in every sphere of our life but forgot the more beautiful and fruitful aspects of life such as spending some time with our parents and family, chatting with a loved one or reconnecting with old friends. We have become too busy to realize our own emptiness.

So one day I picked up an old diary and called up my friends. What I got exceeded my expectation -- joy, surprise and a whole lot of nostalgia. I felt as if I had done the best thing in years.

I never knew a simple phone call to your near and dear ones could give you so much happiness. There are so many simple joys in life that we often overlook. We want success, fame and money at the cost of love, family and happiness.

We sacrifice one in pursuit of another, often convincing ourselves that it is the best we could do instead of trying to find a fine balance between both. We have created a world around us where we can't even trust the people we love. Our relations have become "professional". We calculate everything - even our emotions.

Everyday life offers a million reasons to rejoice that we choose to ignore. Happiness is what one creates for oneself.
And it is possible to have success and happiness together by cherishing the little joys that life offers




innervoice@hindustantimes.com

Related Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

your valuable suggestions here

Random Posts

AMOUNT OF GOOD AND BAD TIMES DEPEND UPON OUR 'KARMAS'

Do you like this post?Please Subscribe this Blog
Enter your email address:
[Image]

Support our Sponsors Below