Free Text to Speech

Sunday, October 11, 2009

JOY OF GIVING - Dr. Lakshmi Jain

Dr. Lakshmi Jain

One evening,when I was a child,I was playing in the park with a gas balloon. Suddenly, I turned around to see that a poor girl was looking at it with longing eyes. I felt her need was greater than mine as I could play with many other things which the poor girl could never dream of. I smilingly gave the balloon to her. I noticed an instant flash of gleam in her eyes and her face glowed with a smile.That was my reward! I felt I could never be happier otherwise.Service rendered in a spirit of joy is pleasure unmatched. Our motto should not be to help others out of pity,but to help and serve them in a holistic spirit and certainly not in a manner which is lacking in reverence.That would be service of God in man. In the Bhagwad Gita also, Lord Krishna enjoins upon His devotees, "I dwell in all beings.Serve Me in them with respect and devotion."

Related Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

your valuable suggestions here

Random Posts

AMOUNT OF GOOD AND BAD TIMES DEPEND UPON OUR 'KARMAS'

Do you like this post?Please Subscribe this Blog
Enter your email address:
[Image]

Support our Sponsors Below